1. To bring students together to partner with developing communities and local communities for the purpose of improving
their quality of life through the implementation of environmentally sustainable, equitable, and economical engineering projects.
2. To promote the development of globally aware and internationally responsible engineers, students, and professionals.
To stimulate and develop American Indian student interest in science and engineering; to strive in promoting participation
at all levels of responsibility in the fields of science and engineering by the American Indian communities: and to endeaver
in the advancement of the American Indian professional scientist and engineer within the individual scientific and
The objectives of this organization shall be to encourage the development of a professional consciousness, to afford an
opportunity for civil engineering students to become acquainted and to practice working together effectively, to promote
a spirit of congeniality among them, and to provide friendly contact with the engineering profession.
The purpose of this organization shall be the advancement and dissemination of knowledge of the theory and practice
of mechanical engineering, the presentation of proper perspective of engineering work and the opportunity to
become acquainted with the personnel and activities of the Society (ASME) as well as to promote a professional
consciousness and fellowship
To afford an opportunity for students interested in the construction industry to become acquainted and to develop a spirit
of professionalism through discussions with local construction officials, speakers, field trips, student-faculty activities and
summer employment activities.
Mission: Provide superior leadership and education in information technology. AITP is dedicated to using the synergy of IT partnerships to provide education and benefits to our members and to working with the industry to assist in the overall promotion and direction of IT.
To accomplish academic success in the filed of engineering and improve the NMSU campus with our projects.
The purpose of this organization is to foster professional and social activities for engineers through a coordinating body of
engineering students representing all engineering organizations qualified for membership as stated in the bylaws and to
promote student interaction with the Dean of Engineering.
1. To stimulate and develop student interest in engineering science, and technical fields.
2. To strive to increase the number of students studying science and engineering at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
3. To endeavor in the advancement of ethnic minority engineers and scientists in professional industry.
NSPS/NMPS a professional student organization for Surveying Engineering and other interested students. We are a chartered chapter of the National Society of Professional Surveyors and the New Mexico Professional Surveyors. Each year, the chapter provides support to NMSU and the NMPS through community service, attendance and service at the state’s annual conference.
1. To promote the professional development of its members through its programs, relations with the parent body, and activities within.
2. To further the interest in the technological aspects of the mobilized world through involvement with transportation type machinery.
3. To contribute to the development of engineers interested in transportation and or mobilization at New Mexico State University through involvement with faculty and student members.
1. Increase the number of Hispanic engineering students at New Mexico State University.
2. Inform the general public of technical contributions and achievements of Hispanic Americans.
3. Promote advancement of Hispanic engineers in employment and education.
4. Encourage improvement of the quality of education and promote programs that prepare students for technical careers.
5. Increase the number of Hispanics entering the field of engineering and/or science related fields.
6. Develop and participate in programs which industry and educational institutions that benefit students seeking technical careers.
7. Provide a forum for exchange of information pertinent for Hispanic engineering/science students enrolled in New Mexico State University.
1. To inform young women, their parents, counselors, and the general public of the qualifications and achievements of women engineers and the opportunities open to them.
2. To assist women engineers in readying themselves for a return to active work after temporary retirement.
3. To encourage women engineers to attain high levels of educational and professional achievement.
4. To serve as a center of information on women in engineering.