Academic Advising is required for all undergraduate students prior to registration for each of their semesters.
All students will be assigned an advisor in their program of study. However, students may select a different faculty member as long as they are within the student’s program.
ETSE provides students with academic advising for degree completion. Together, you and your advisor will develop your degree plan consistent with your major and areas of interest, including minors and concentrations and fulfilling NMSU and State of New Mexico General Education requirements. Working with your advisor will help you to make timely and satisfactory progress toward your degree. Your advisor acts as a guide, helping you plot the course of your degree.
Your responsibilities as a Student are to:
- check your NMSU email account regularly to stay up to date with current information, (the NMSU email is your official communication method)
- create a proposed schedule for this semester and following semesters,
- pay close attention to co- and prerequisites for each course; also if they are fall, spring, or summer only offered courses
- consider your career goals when choosing electives or Minors,
- contact and schedule appointments with your advisor when “advising week” has been announced,
- track your individual progress by logging into the STAR Audit System,
- be aware of important dates and deadlines i.e., drop/add, scholarships etc. – see the link: NMSU Advising
- seek your advisor if you have any questions or concerns regarding your progress.
The responsibilities of an Advisor are to:
- provide you with accurate academic information including general education requirements and NMSU policies
- help you design a realistic degree plan that is consistent with your area of interest as well as your career and personal goals,
- refer you to the appropriate service or department based on need.
Need a little help:
- Math Success Center open for tutoring: http://www.math.nmsu.edu/msc/ The Math Success Center (MSC) is open to provide tutoring for lower-level math and statistic classes.The MSC, located in Walden Hall, Room 101, is open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday.
- Student Support Services: http://trio.nmsu.edu
- Student Success Center: http://ssc.nmsu.edu/zuhl/tutoring/index.html
- All Engineering Tutoring: https://engr.nmsu.edu/tutor/
- NMSU Writing Center: https://towc.nmsu.edu/
- Summary of Tutoring options: tutoring
- If you want to talk with a engineering student mentor who knows the ropes from a student point-of-view, please contact Elizabeth Howard (email@example.com) or come by 1st Floor of Goddard Hall.
Academic Degree Plans
|Engineering Technology Programs:||Digital Electronic Applications||Construction Technology|
|CET Degree Plan||Digital Forensics||Renewable Engineering Technology (RET)|
|ECET Degree Plan||Manufacturing||Transportation Technology|
|IET Degree Plan||Renewable Energy Technology (RET)||Water & Wastewater Technology|
|MET Degree Plan||Information Security Technology|
|Other Programs:||Surveying Engineering|
|Geomatics/Surveying Degree Plan|
|ICT Degree Plan|