MET Program Educational Objectives:
- an ability to perform applied design, evaluation, testing and assessment of mechanical systems.
- an ability to analyze, problem solve, develop, implement, and oversee advanced mechanical systems and processes.
- competence in a field of mechanical engineering technology, a specialty area, or in the management of technical personnel.
- an ability to successfully compete in a rapidly changing world and obtain satisfying employment
MET Student Outcomes
Graduates in the NMSU Mechanical Engineering Technology program will have:
- Good technical communication skills.
- An understanding of circuits and controls.
- The ability to effectively apply appropriate techniques to solve mechanical, thermal, and fluid systems problems.
- The ability to effectively apply basic modeling and simulation techniques that would aid with the design, improvement, implementation, or repair of mechanical systems.
- The ability to effectively apply manufacturing processes and methodologies.
- The ability to effectively collaborate with others by leading aspects of projects, being an effective team member, valuing diversity, and listening to stakeholders.
- The ability to apply critical thinking skills, trouble-shoot, apply knowledge, and draw from resources to solve problems.
- The ability to effectively adapt to change, including changes in projects, responsibilities, and timelines.
- Recognition of the importance of innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Recognition of the importance of professional stewardship by upholding commitments and meeting expectations.
- Recognition of the importance of maintaining a high level of integrity and trust and safety.
- Recognition of the importance of lifelong learning, continuous improvement, and the impact of Engineering Technology on society and the world.