Graduates in the NMSU Mechanical Engineering Technology program will have:
Mechanical Engineering Technology Student Outcomes
- Possess good oral, technical written, graphical communication skills.
- Mechanical and Electrical Understanding of basic circuits and controls.
- Effectively apply appropriate techniques to solve mechanical, thermal, and fluid systems problems.
- Effectively apply basic modeling and simulation techniques that would aid with the design, improvement, implementation, or repair of mechanical systems.
- Effectively apply basic manufacturing processes and methodologies.
- Effectively collaborate with others by leading aspects of projects, being a productive/effective team member team-player, valuing diversity, and listening to stakeholders.
- Be able to apply critical thinking, evaluate situations, trouble-shoot, problem-solve, apply knowledge, and know how to draw from resources.
- Effectively adapt to change, including changes in projects, responsibilities, and timelines.
- Recognize the importance of innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Demonstrate of professional stewardship by upholding commitments and meeting expectations.
- Recognize the importance of maintaining a high level of integrity and trust and safety.
- A commitment to lifelong learning, continuous improvement, and an understanding of the impact of Engineering Technology on society and the world.