- Graduates will be proficient in the following technologies: Database, Web, Networks, Operating Systems, Coding, Information Security, and Computing Infrastructure.
- Graduates will continue their professional training and adapt to changes in the workplace though additional education, formal or informal.
- Graduates will show an awareness of ethical, societal and professional responsibilities.
IET Student Outcomes
Graduates in the NMSU Information Engineering Technology program will have:
An appropriate mastery of the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of Information Engineering Technology; including:
- The analysis, design, testing, maintenance, security, operation and documentation for facilities* involved in the process and transfer of information in information engineering technologies.
- The applied knowledge of electronics, electrical components, computer architecture, and infrastructure including applications of computer systems, communications and digital signal propagation needed in data transport.
- The use of mathematics including statistics, probability, discrete, Boolean, algebra, trigonometry and calculus for supporting the analysis, design, and maintenance of facilities* that process and transfer information.
- Project management techniques and teamwork necessary for design and implementation of facilities* that process and transfer information and the effective use of communication skills to prepare and present technical reports, memos, and presentations.